Friday, July 18, 2014

Shipwrecked with Jesus © March 24, 2014


My boat overturned in the ocean
I was stranded between sea and sky
Clinging to my shattered vessel
It was only my Savior and I.

Adrift on the stern of my broken boat
It was hard not to worry or fear
I tried to stay calm in spite of it all
For I knew that Jehovah was near

The sharks started circling around me
The sharp smell of salt filled the air
I wanted to scream out in terror
But I knew that my Jesus was there.

Though my skin burned in the sunlight
The water was tepid and still
I knew I’d survive this adventure
My safety was my Father’s will.

I spotted a pod of small dolphins
They frolicked beneath waves and wind
A feeling of hope overcame me
I knew, soon, I’d be safe, once again

Then, after what seemed like forever
My eyes focused on precious land
In moments, I had left the water
And was walking, barefoot, in the sand.

 If ever you’re shipwrecked with Jesus
There’s no need to fear anymore
For He is your all knowing Father
He will lead you safely to shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment